CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Smackdown Thoughts

So I usually like posting a day or two apart at most, but it's been a slow wrestling news week and I figured I should wait till Smackdown was done.

Yesterday's show was OK except for one factor: the creepiness of the faces. Triple H was really pushing Jeff Hardy and MVP's buttons this week - which is great, except I'm wondering if it's pushing him more into tweener territory than face territory? Don't get me wrong - it's amusing, and I think it's a more accurate place for Vince McMahon's controversial son-in-law to be - but if we're supposed to be cheering him as the face world champion going into tomorrow night's PPV, I'm wondering if his blatant razzing of Jeff Hardy - one of WWE's most popular superstars - and his drug problems is really the way to go? Nonetheless, entertaining.

And on a similar note, let me get this straight - Undertaker discusses mauling, murdering, and burying Vicki Guerrero - a woman, however distasteful, but a woman, and a human being - and he's the face? I don't quite get what we're supposed to be feeling for Vicki at this point - sympathy due to her lecchy husband, hatred due to her past sins catching up with her, and maybe she and Edge are just two unlikeable people who happen to not like each other as well, or what. But it's confusing, and when the one clear 'good guy' in all this starts going on about killing SD's GM ... well ... ??? Not to mention the fact that I don't understand why she wouldn't just re-fire him if he's being so ungrateful (in her eyes) for his reinstatement. It defies belief ... and usually that's Raw's domain, as Smackdown has been pretty good at hitting realistic and consistent storylines with few holes.

That said - excited about the potential Vladmir Kozlov/Big Show feud - a chance for the big newby to cut his teeth on some real competition, and for Big Show to find a real program instead of floundering after his headlining Wrestlemania match with Floyd Mayweather. The promos and wrestling and all that were solid, don't get me wrong - just a bit nonsensical given the backstory of Smackdown right now. And I still feel it's missing Edge. That is all.

Tune back in tomorrow night or Monday for my thoughts on tomorrow night's PPV - hope you all tune in and enjoy it, as we are planning to do! XO - Sar

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper