CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Slow news week - new poll re. Million $$$ Mania

It has been a frickin' slow news week in the wrestling world! The crapitude of Monday's Raw, and Hulk Hogan's appearance on Larry King Live are about all that's really going on out there. So I thought I'd just take this time to create a new poll (at the bottom of the screen) and discuss it here:

WWE's viewership is down in North America - particularly in the United States. However it is skyrocketing elsewhere in the world, and - I get the impression - holding reasonably steady or at least dropping at a slower rate than in the US, in Canada. So it holds this contest, giving away $1,000,000 a week, in the US only?

I suppose on the one sense that makes logical sense - they're the fans they're trying to buy back. But doesn't it make sense to give foreign fans an opportunity as well - say one call a week to a foreign country? It bugs me that I am a loyal fan of WWE's - more loyal than many as I've watched for 2o years, through the early-1990s "New Generation" era, through the last 5 years of BS, through the Screw Jobs and DX-ification of wrestling, through the Owen Harts and Chris Benoits ... and yet because I happen to live about 2 hours away from the nearest border to the United States (honestly! if I lived 2 hours away, I'd be eligible for this damn contest), I am not eligible to win this money. So not only do I have to sit through the awfulness that is the Million $$$ Mania, I can't even win it.

Anyone else agree? Vote on my poll (bottom of the screen - and if it isn't up yet, well you're an eager beaver who read this post within 60 seconds of it going up - come back in a minute lol).

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper