CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

You Think You Know Me ...

I just want to throw my two cents in that Edge has been better than ever these last 3 weeks or so on SD! I didn't get to watch Smackdown last night - we got home too late for the first airing, and were asleep by the replay - but from what I've heard of his performance, and what I've seen since his promo and beatdown on Mick Foley (and for that matter, his angle with Vicki and La Familia before that), I'm definitely looking forward to HIAC ... and to more great Adam Copeland goodness in coming weeks. The fire that was lit under his butt and began his ascent into the orbit of the WWE Universe, is now going to skyrocket him to the next level I think and this is easily the best-built match on the Summerslam card - and as UT hasn't appeared on TV at all to hype the match, only one person is responsible for that.

On this day, I see clearly
Everything has come to light

GO EDGE! :D

Oh also - nice to see Kenny Dykstra back. Hope to see more of him in the future, he's as much a bright up-and-comer as Cody Rhodes or Ted Dibiase Jr is. It sounds overall like SD was a great show - the only thing I've seen questioned that I would agree with (I think - again, barring seeing how it played out) is there were two post-match brawls between Summerslam opponents which resulted in the faces coming out on top (Jeff Hardy got the last laugh on MVP, and Triple H bested the Great Khali and his interpreter Ranjin Singh) - as Jason Powell points out, then what's the incentive for us to watch these matches? If the usual payoff is to see the villain 'get theirs', and they already have ... what's left?

Oh well - good enough matches this doesn't ruin watching SS tomorrow night for me by any stretch ... just some odd booking. Meh. Anyway - this was mainly to sing the praises of Edge's performance these last few weeks, and mention I didn't catch SD but will of course catch the Summerslam PPV tomorrow and comment on it - again, haven't decided if it will be in audio form or written, but check for that shortly after the show either way. And meanwhile - enjoy the weekend all, it's one of the last ones of the summer (as indicated by, well, Summerslam being tomorrow lol). Cheers!

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper