CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Changed my mind re waiting until tomorrow - an actual newsy entry (with a SPOILER about halfway thru)

So I WAS going to leave my entry at that, but then started thinking ...

So much of my blog of late has been about the on-air product, or excuses for ITVR not going up ... and a big part of the reason for both is that for awhile, there had been a whole lot of quiet behind the scenes. Well this isn't the case anymore, it's been a big 7-10 days in wrestling, and I'd be derelict in my duty as blogstress here to shunt off talking about them until tomorrow. Now I do want there to be a show tomorrow still so I'll leave the in-depth discussion of on-air programming until then, plus still more discussion of all this with my partner in crime Ari, but --

WWE RELEASES
In the last 10 days, the WWE has released: Chuck Palumbo, Paul London, Kenny Dykstra, and Elijah Burke. While none of these were major shocks - none of them have been getting what could be call even modest pushes of late - they were all talented hands and I certainly hope this isn't the end of the line for them in terms of big league wrestling. Hopefully TNA or ROH helps them land on their feet, and/or eventually WWE welcomes them back with renewed enthusiasm. These are talented men who should at this point be able to write their own tickets in the business. Conversely - their next moves are critical. Wrestling is replete with talented also-rans; here's hoping those gentlemen not only write their own ticket, but also get off at the right stop. On the other hand, here's hoping Mike Adamle's on-air writeoff on last Monday's Raw (which I didn't address nearly enough, or nearly enthusiastically enough, I don't think) is the last we see of him, and he will be 'future endeavoured' in rapid order. I'm afraid his terse words with Stephanie McMahon are indicative he has a future storyline coming as I said, but we'll see.

WWE Entry (TNA Impact spoiler alert, as alluded to in the title, applies here)
Christian Cage, on this Thursday's Impact!, was left lying by the Main Event Mafia after losing his match on Sunday's pay-per-view and ostensibly, therefore, being forced to join them. Given his contract is coming to an end, and rumours have abounded he and WWE are mutually interested in his returning in the near-future, this was probably a wise move; get him off-screen until TNA knows he's returning. That way, if he DOES come back, he can have a ceremonious triumph on his re-entry; if not, they aren't sending a hot prospect to the WWE. Unfortunate that such a talent should spend any time off TV, but a smart and understandable business decision. In a less certain note, it is rumoured Gail Kim is speaking with both WWE and TNA now that she is a free agent as well. I look forward to seeing both of these talents' next moves.

TNA Entry ... aborted?
So it was confirmed that was (a very drunk) Scott Hall at Turning Point on Sunday. Apparently his cohorts, the Insane Clown Posse, had been okayed by Jeff Jarrett to be at the PPV that night, but not Hall; when he showed up onscreen, apparently former tag team partner and friend Kevin Nash asked for him to be ejected from the building. Some heat between these two? Ari and I will be talking about this story - and the others - more tomorrow but all I will say for now is, dude. Clean the hell up. I mean REALLY. Do you EVER want to be employed again? You don't do this crap. Sigh ... some people will never ... what's that word? Oh yeah. Learn. :P

Again - more on all this tomorrow. And thanks again for bearing with me through a couple of weeks which were slow in terms of wrestling news, and busy in terms of my life. Hopefully the former will now pick up while the latter HAS indeed calmed down. Look forward to you joining me for the ride, starting right here tomorrow with Ari and I ... In This Very Ring. ;)

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper