CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

ITVR - This and That

Hi guys,

So we've been spending a lot of time this week at the hospital - don't ask how that can be good news, lol, but it is - which has meant no time for ITVR. That said I don't feel as bad about that this week as I did last week, since I've still given myself a lot more opportunity to come on here and talk about wrestling than I had in previous weeks. Some steps in the right direction, which will continue. :)

Now I'm not sure how the broadcasting this week will go - I'd still like to put something up tonight or tomorrow, but it might not be a full show, and/or it might not happen. So please stay tuned; however either way I'm also working on something big for ITVR's next broadcast so stay tuned for that as well! :)

Meanwhile, some interesting behind the scenes developments going on this week, as Tomko and Gail Kim were both confirmed rehired by the WWE, the "E" sued wrestler Ed Leslie over his use of the Brutus Beefcake name when he's been doing so without reprimand for years, and Linda Hogan's new boyfriend, Charley Hill, accused Hulk Hogan, her estranged husband, of stalking him and wanting to kill him while seeking a restraining order against the Hulk yesterday. I also want to touch briefly on the Slammy's before letting you go. :) Yes - the Slammy's, returning in I believe it's two weeks time on Raw ...

  • About Tomko and Gail Kim: these are both talented competitors who really hit their full potential once WWE let them go and they found their stride in TNA. Here's hoping WWE rehired them due to seeing that potential, and that they decide to use them correctly, instead of rehiring them simply to get them away from TNA, which will only result in WWE showing their pettiness towards stars 'created' by another company, in letting them sit home and collect a paycheck which in this day and age WWE can't really afford to pay for. As a note - is Tomko's return, and Edge's big return at the Survivor Series this week, at all indicative of Christian Cage also having re-signed with his once and future home? One can hope - again if he's used properly. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • Ed Leslie has used the Brutus Beefcake name since 2000 without WWE giving a flying fig about it - to me, this is a petty lawsuit only because he's now achieved some success with Hulk Hogan's celebrity wrestling. I'm no legal expert so I'm not sure what will win out here, precedent or the law itself, but if I were a judge, to the extent I could, I would consider WWE's not pushing this issue for nearly a decade in my decision, until there was perhaps some money or lucre to be gained from it.
  • Hogan's attempt to terrorize his estranged wife's 19 year old 'boyfriend': the judge laughed in young Hill's face and so do I. Don't get me wrong - I don't think Hogan's such a nice guy he'd necessarily be above this ... if he CARED about Linda and her shenanigans. Here's the bottom line: while Linda has done everything she can to smear Hogan, he has said nothing about her except to say 'she's trying to smear me'. To me, he's past it, while she still needs her Hulka-meal ticket. Besides, if someone my kids' age was dating MY wife, who's now demanding MY hard earned money go to pay for his tuition at nautical school? I'd plead justifiable homicide lol.
  • And the Slammy's - I've always enjoyed this idea and I'm much more open to it as a result than Jason Powell over at http://prowrestling.net is. That said the categories were released yesterday at WWE.com, and I have only one question - wtf's the difference between an "OMG moment of the year" and a "DAMN! moment of the year"? I have some ideas on potential nominees which I'll discuss in more detail in a later posting My only concern becomes I don't know who 'best musical act' could be besides Jillian Hall ... maybe Lillian Garcia? Oh well. Again, to be discussed at a later date, and in still more depth once we know who the nominees are.
So that's your 'bits n pieces' entry for the day. Continue to stay tuned, as I know you do! Peace out folks!

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper