CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

TNA Turning Point

So we actually tuned into a TNA show tonight! It was good stuff - strong wrestling, the booking was decent (although I don't think the Main Event Mafia would have suffered from losing ONE match, I don't mind establishing them as strong this month, to maybe expose a chink or two of their armour in the coming weeks and months), and it was nice to see some familiar faces (I'm surprised to say) in Jeff Jarrett, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle ... heck, and of course the younger guys who make TNA so exciting to watch when we do get down to it. I'm still not sure, given the fairly consistently critical reviews I've read, if I'm prepared to sit through too much of the weekly Impact! show, but the PPVs are definitely worth the buy - at $10 cheaper than the WWE shows, you get more action and actually a fuller show - tonight's event went until five to 11pm, where WWE shows usually end somewhere between quarter-to and ten-to.

Just one question: was that REALLY Scott Hall in the front row for some matches in the middle there, or do I need a new prescription for my glasses? And if he was there, why didn't the announcers acknowledge him as anything other than a 'familiar face' (ie, do some actual NAME dropping which might benefit TNA?). I can only assume, since they didn't really say anything about him being there, nor was he involved in any of the action, that he hadn't been expected to be there and was enjoying the show as a fan. But perhaps I'm wrong. I'll wait to see what the real insiders (as opposed to me who is a completely casual blogger) have to say. Overall great show though. Good stuff.

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper