CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

State of the Blog (and ITVR) Address

OK guys - so ... ITVR was just a pain to find time to fit in this week, and today, too, the day I promised we'd post finally, got away from us in the craziness that has been the last 3 days (honestly, they make the last two months I've been saying the same thing look downright chill by comparison). So with your permission I'm declaring this week a lost cause for recording. But I wanted to take the time to come online here and address these last 6-8 weeks or so that have been spotty, both for ITVR podcasting AND blogging, with more than just a 'I'm flitting off right now, sorry for the lack of detail, it's going to turn around'. This site means a lot to me, and while there aren't a big number of you who read regularly, I know those of you who do are very, very loyal and I appreciate that.

Having said that, the simplest explanation in this case IS the truest, for my own part - honestly, life has just gotten in the way. And I know that's vague and I've said it before, but honestly, in some ways it goes no deeper than the obvious fact that as a school teacher it was easier to fit regular commentary in over the summer! As for my partner in crime, Ari's job w/his current work changed, as did his schedule, plus he's got a few other projects going on that have made me feel bad demanding the rare time he has in the evening for our podcasts.

To me and to anyone, that explanation is understandable, I think. And if you add to that two weeks where we both were ill, plus that I had a full-time teaching gig in which I had to fit a whole semester into two-thirds of one, and now it's a full time job FINDING work ... AND through all that I've been directing a play, tutoring part-time, and lastly and most of all, that there are some major things going on in our lives at this particular moment (all good stuff - changes for the better - but very rapidly occurring and defying a whole lot of detail or explanation at the moment), and it has been truly, truly insane, and I suppose I should just be pleased, and ask you to be pleased, that I've even had time to *watch* wrestling these last two months, much less comment on it - but that's not me. To me, this is a project I've taken on myself, I've had hundreds of people (apparently) read this site, and I haven't kept up with the blogging or podcasting the way I envisioned. So for that I'm sorry.

So having said all that, what does it mean? Is the blog going to be shut down or retooled like my previous one? Am I going to permanently cancel In This Very Ring? No. But what I can say is this - the last two months, as I have implied and as I can't really get into with a great deal of detail because it does not just involve us, have been a time of great change in our little world, but those changes have been building up to this week. I know our most loyal listeners (all two or three of them) know us, and can put things together to know just what this last week has been in our life - you understand and I appreciate that. Those who are maybe more casual and not in the know - trust me that these two months, while in some ways typical of the busy-ness our lives always are, have also been VERY different, but that we truly HAVE a bit of an understanding of where things are heading schedule-wise for the next bit, and will have more of a chance to get this show, and my blogging in general, back on a more even keel.

I hope you bear with us and keep coming by ... starting tomorrow when I post my Survivor Series predictions, and Monday when I post my reactions to it. Tuesday I will be taking off of blogging due to the aforementioned upheaval, but Wednesday we will post ITVR as scheduled and planned, discussing the PPV, plus Raw, plus any other backstage happenings. And hopefully THAT broadcast will signal a new 'back on track'ness here at ITVR. Meanwhile hey - at least I'm not posting once every 6 mos. like I did back at prowrestling.blogdrive.com! lol - Meanwhile, be well, and I'll see you again tomorrow to discuss just WHO will survive the ... well, y'know. ;) Cheers.

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper