CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Some additional thinking ...

Most of the reading I've done re. the GAB is pretty tough on it - and while I acknowledged it was a good show, I didn't exactly give it a free ride in my review either. But a fan giving a "Fan Reax" over at the Pro Wrestling Torch made a very good point about the Bash having promise and not living up to it. Ever notice the shows that get the best reviews are the ones which have like, ZERO expectations, but then end up being decent? This show was expected to be great, ended up being very good, and has gotten shat upon, even though it was more entertaining and stronger than a LOT of PPVs that have gotten good reviews.

Here's my thinking going forward - I stand by my criticisms of the Bash. A match not carried out before the live crowd, a heavy reliance on non-finishes, and not the greatest build for the two world title matches all contributed to this not being a 5-star program. But I think I might lean to it more being 4 stars than 3 1/2, because bottom line question - get all those technical quibbles aside, the question is: were you entertained by it? If your answer is no, fair enough. Mine happens to be yes. And at the end of the day, isn't that what we're paying for?

0 comments:

blog analyzer
HammerMill Copy Paper